For Mckenna's birthday we had our friends over for Sunday dinner. I made all the Cafe Rio fixings. The food was so good. For her cake I made a big cupcake for everyone to eat and then a little cupcake for Mckenna's smash cake. My good friend Amy helped me the cakes. I'm so glad that we could have our friends, who are like family, celebrate with us!
We ate dinner and let the kids play. It was perfect.
| As soon as I put the cupcake on her tray she was ready! She was interested in the candle. |
| She is the queen of dirty looks, she really wanted to play with the candle. |
| She wasn't shy at all about eating it. She started out licking the icing and then she picked it up and continued to lick the frosting off. It was so funny! |
| Hallee kept sneaking licks |
|
|
| opening her presents from our gracious friends |
| practicing her walking |
Mckenna was diagnosed with a double ear infection the Thursday prior to her birthday but I guess the antibiotic wasn't working so Monday and Tuesday she was still fighting a fever. Her birthday was on a Tuesday. So we stayed at home and she slept for 5 1/2 hours on her birthday. When Jared got home we ate dinner, Hallee sang 'You've had a birthday' to Mckenna which was so sweet and then we opened presents.
![]() |
| Eating her breakfast of toast on her birthday |
| this is how she felt for most of the day. poor baby!! |
| Hallee helping Mckenna open the presents from our families |
| She was spoiled by her family who loves her dearly |
I'm so grateful for my sweet Mckenna. She is such a blessing to our family. She has been such a good baby. I hate how fast kids grow up. I wish time would slow down! I'm so grateful for such great friends that step in as family while we are away!



1 comment:
Love all the balloons. Sounds like she was a trooper through her ear infection. She is such a cutie!
Post a Comment