Thursday, September 20, 2012

Potty Trained

This little girl is potty trained. She was so easy!! I have really wanted to potty train her before we left Maryland but with having to drive 27 hours to get to Texas we thought it would be easier to wait until we settled in Texas. I would constantly ask her if she wanted to sit on the potty and she would always tell me no. Hallee was really interested in the potty when she was about 19 months, but with being almost 9 months pregnant, I didn't really pursue it.
We had been in our house for about 3 weeks, when Janica and Brielle were here. I took her diaper off one day and told her I wasn't putting it back on until she sat on the potty. I sat her on the potty and we did a lot of coaxing and she went. I left her naked and she was playing and then ran in there and went poop all by herself. We made a huge deal out of it and she got to get a snow cone. After the Poulson's left I just put her in panties and she stayed dry. She would put a sticker on a chart and then pick a treat once it was full. She didn't have any accidents. I thought it was going way too good--we've had some small accidents--but she never has had any accidents outside of the house. The few accidents she has had, I believe, were due to distractions. She stays completely dry at nap time and at night.  


it only took her 2 days of sticker chart to get it down



showing me her princess stickers 


This little girl is growing up way too fast!
It is so nice not to have to change her diapers anymore! So proud of my big girl!
Let's hope Mckenna is this easy to potty train :)

1 comment:

tara said...

sweet sassafrass she's adorable. I cannot WAIT to see you guys!!