Mckenna Grace
7lbs 4 oz
21 inches long
10.2.11 @ 1:21pm
Well it all started on Sunday morning. The contractions started at 3 am. I started timing the contractions and they were about 2-4 minutes apart. After an hour of laying there, I decided to wake up Jared. I wanted to labor as much as I could at home, so I decided to get into the tub. We continued timing the contractions. They were anywhere between 1-3 minutes apart. Around 6 am we decided to call labor and delivery. They told me I could come in or I could wait for another hour. We decided to wait until Hallee woke up since the contractions were bearable. We packed the bags and headed to the hospital around 7:00.
We got to the hospital around 7:45am and they put us in a room and monitored me. At 9:30 the resident came in and checked me and I was only at a 4! I was so frustrated. I wanted to try and do this natural and after she told me I was only a 4, I thought there was no way I could do this. She came back around ten and told us we could go walk around for a couple of hours or we could stay here and I would be admitted. We decided to walk around to get things going. Of course once we left L&D, the contractions started. We walked down to the McDonalds to get some breakfast. I had to stop with every contraction. By this point I couldn't talk through the contractions. I couldn't believe how intense the contractions had become. We got back up to L&D around 11. They admitted me at 11:30 and I told them I wanted to epidural. The pain was ridiculous! The nurse started the IV and took some vials of blood and started asking me all these stupid questions. I was in so much pain, trying to get through contractions and laying on your back isn't the most pleasant thing. By this point I still hadn't been checked, I asked how much longer till the epidural and the nurse(who was not the most nice person) said, "you have to finish this bag of fluid and we have to wait till your blood work comes back..." I was so mad! The anesthesiologist came in around 12:45 and placed the epidural. Right as he injected the first round of medicine the doctor came in and said "i think she is ready to push!" She checked me I was at a 9! She broke my water and I started pushing. I pushed for 20 minutes and boom! she was here!
I-felt-everything!
They placed her on my chest and it was the best feeling! We finally got to meet her. Jared cut the cord. They then had to take her away because she had fluid in her lungs and a racing heart. Everything happened a little too fast for her! The only way she would calm down was on my chest. It's crazy how you instantly love them! I couldn't get enough of her!
The epidural didn't have time to kick in. It was the best feeling in the world when she came out! I was so proud of myself for doing it all by myself. I wasn't very happy that the epidural kicked in 30 minutes after I had her. They didn't move us into postpartum until around 6:30 and my legs were still numb. I was so mad that I didn't get the benefits of the epidural but I was dealing with all of the after effects.
Jared left around 5:00 pm to go pick up Hallee from our friends. She had definitely had it and wanted to see us. Jared brought Hallee into meet her. Hallee held her and kissed her! I was surprised how well she did.
![]() |
| 39 weeks-right before we left for the hospital |
Our friend Jenny came and took some pictures of us at the hospital. I'm so glad she did. I love them!
![]() |
| My favorite |
![]() |
| My amazing aunt drove up the second she heard I was in labor. She was such a lifesaver! She took care of us till my mom was able to fly in!! I'm so grateful for her! |
![]() |
| I love her little mouth in this picture |
![]() |
| Our first family picture of four |
That night I stayed by myself Jared and my aunt went home to get a good nights rest. Jared had class in the morning and that way Tracy could be there for Hallee. She was a lifesaver!!
| Jared with his girls! |
| going home!! |
| yes I look exhausted! |
Thank you for all your well wishes!










8 comments:
I love love love the pictures!! Especially balled kissing her and the blog header picture! You have a beautiful family. Way to go doing it without drugs! P.s you look amazing!
Oh! She is gorgeous! Good job with the labor! I love the pictures and can't wait to see more!
She is so darling! Congratulations! She is just so tiny...so, so cute!
Cute pictures! I love the one of Hallee kissing her sister!
What a perfect perfect family! It was a honor to be there at the beginning of your family of four. Get some rest.
Congratulations!!! She is just perfect! and good work doing a natural birth! you have a beautiful family!
FREAK!!! It's like christmas when you update!! LOVE LOVE the pictures. Which I could see her. Good job with delivery.
I love how you said, "I FELT EVERYTHING!" ha ha! I totally know what you mean - it is so intense at the end! Just when you want to give up and can't stand it is when you're transitioning and next thing you know, baby is out :) I'm sorry it was frustrating though, but glad cute Mckenna is here safe and sound!
Post a Comment