Thursday, November 10, 2011

Mckenna's 1st month


It makes me so sad how fast babies grow up! I can't believe Mckenna is already a month old. She is a very good baby- she was very gassy at the beginning but has gotten better. She usually eats every 3 hours and sleeps a lot. Just in the last week she started being awake more. She will smile and coo when I talk to her. 
I love it! 

When we got home from the hospital Jana and Erin had decorated our door and the girls room. These girls made that quilt, bed skirt, and bed sham. They are amazingly talented! It matches perfectly with the crib set. I love it! I'm so lucky to have them as friends!!

Hallee helping me after her first sponge bath

snuggling with grammy



1 week

2 weeks


My mom came out for 2 1/2 weeks. It was SO nice to have her here. She helped me with so much. Hallee loved having me-ma here! She was her shadow. It was hard to have her leave. 

Halloween-3 weeks

Hallee looks huge next to little Mckenna

1 month

1 month-she definitely has big blue eyes

Love this little lady!!


After my mom left, we were lucky enough to have Jared's mom come out for a week.  It was nice to have her visit and Hallee loved more attention!

At one month Mckenna weighs 9lbs 3 oz. She is in the 16%. I'm having issues producing enough milk for her so we are trying to fix that. She is still so tiny and oh so sweet! I just love having a newborn. Hallee was doing so well with Mckenna. She was always kissing her and occasionally she would act out towards her. In the last week Hallee has become so mean towards Mckenna. She will hit her, and throw things at her. I don't know what to do with Hallee. I know she is jealous and it's hard for her to share me. I have one on one time with Hallee everyday, if not more than once a day, and she still acts out. Being sleep deprived, I'm becoming very frustrated with her. Any ideas please let me know! I want Hallee to love her little sister and maybe it will just take time? I love being a mom- It's a lot of work and sacrifice, but totally worth it! I love these little girls more than anything.

4 comments:

Brad and Kimberly said...

no advice but I love those girls! Keep at it. You're a great mom and you'll figure it out.

The Poulson's said...

Love all the pics. Your girls are adorable! Love mckenna in all the bows I need her to he my little model. Ugh the mean stage.. not sure what to do about that. I know you discipline her does that work? Maybe try to OVER exaggerate your compliments and positive reinforcement to her good behavior especially when she is being nice and soft to baby?? I dont know that's a hard one.

Tracy Whitt said...

You need to sit down and take a breath and really try to pray and ponder what to do. That might sound simple but really -- each child is different and each child reacts differently to situations and life changes. Take the time and the thought and ask Heavenly Father how YOU as Hallee's mom can help her be kind to her baby sister. ok this is totally silly but it is real ready? YOU HAVE THE POWER IN YOU to KNOW what to do. Love you hang in there!

Jen said...

Lauren, your girls are beautiful and your baby has such perfect features. As far as sibling rivalry, I personally didn't have to go through that. I guess the extra year in between helped. BUT, from my families experiences, it just took time to adjust. Once Mckenna is old enough to walk around, they will become buddies and keep each other occupied. I know this is a rough time, but you're their mom and you'll always be prompted as to what to do and how to handle it.

I hope you are healing and feeling better each day. I hope Mckenna sleeps and that your taking time for YOURSELF. Love ya!