When Jared and I were in talks of what to name our little girl, we had lots of ideas. We desired a name that was unique but not crazy, sweet but not too sugary. So when we saw our little girl and got to know her, we knew she was our Hallee girl. Little did we know that with naming our little one came much confusion and knashing of teeth. I'm sincerely posing a question here: what in the spelling of h-a-l-l-e-e sounds hailey?
Should I take an e off so it looks like Halle Berry?
Please help me with this confusion..
Should I take an e off so it looks like Halle Berry?
Please help me with this confusion..
written by:Tara


9 comments:
I never thought of that but it might be a good idea? I think it looks a little more dumb proof than the cute way of Hallee. It could save you a life time of people confusing her with Haylee
NO! We love the double E. People are stupid and you only need to correct them once.
I'm going to agree with Kimberly, I like it. And if you change it to only one e then it won't be different, which is what you were going for right? And it's not like it's some crazy name, people will get it. It's really cute! But you do what you feel is right.
Well I have always read it like Hal-Lee, two names meshed together. However, I can see how people can see Hallee pronounced Hailey. You picked her spelling for a reason though, just keep correcting people and know she will love her name growing up.
I love it the way it is :) people just have issues ;)
Well I'm going to be the moron who admits that I honestly thought it was Hailey for a while :) I'm embarrassed honestly, but I guess it was one of those eye trick things where I just passed over it quickly enough to misinterpret it, plus I've never heard it said out loud. Honestly I think you should keep it though, because one correction and everyone will know how to really pronounce it and I think it's VERY cute and unique!
The double E is a tradition in the family, so you should keep it that way. I understand your frustration though! I think it's a darling name. Perfect the way it is.
P.S. I would LOVE to see her sometime!!
I would totally stick with the Hallee. That is exactly how I would have spelled it, its sooooo cute that way. Who care if she has to spell it for most people... no matter how you spell it people are still going to ask how hers is spelled. Totally leave it!
Post a Comment