Saturday, November 21, 2009

Always getting hurt

I swear Jared has the worse luck when it comes to playing sports and injuries. The first year we were married he got stitches 4 times. Last year we were lucky and didn't have any injuries. This year Jared decides it would be fun to tear his ACL. He did this while playing flag football. Second game of the season. He was totally bummed! We thought maybe he just twisted his knee, but after weeks of pain he finally decided to go to the doctor. He not only tore his ACL but he also tore his miniscus, and tore the cartilage around the knee, which we requires surgery to fix. So last Friday he went under and the knee is now fixed. Now just a long road of recovery ahead!
Playing flag football

Hanging out before surgery

His knee after surgery


For the past week he has been laying around the house trying to get better. He does this machine constantly to hopefully recover faster. He can't put any weight on his foot for 6-8 weeks so that means crutches. We are just hoping his is off crutches before the baby is born.

I'm now at 35 weeks I'm feeling pretty good just tired from working and having to take care of Jared since he can't do anything! Hopefully all this won't put me into labor any sooner.

4 comments:

Liz Hymas said...

Oh my guosh! My flippin knee hurts so bad right now! Seriously, that sucks so bad, I just imagined....Lauren goes into labor and says, "Jared get me to the hospital!" And then I see Jared trying to get you and your thinks in the car and drive you there with crutches (oh no, can he even drive?!!)
Good luck you guys, Lauren take it easy, be super careful. I can't believe it's almost here!

Emily said...

Oh man! Poor Jared for the pain and poor you - being pregnant and having to take care of him! I know you love him and all, but I remember just wanting someone else to do stuff for me towards the end :) I hope he recovers quickly!

Jen said...

Lauren, I am so sorry! That totally sucks! I hope you don't go into labor too soon!

Take it easy and don't try to do everything by yourself. Let things slide....easier said than done, right?

Deb and Chad Crowther said...

It must run in the family!! Chad went through almost the exact same surgery last year. 6 weeks in a cast was not wasy or fun...for either of us! And even better...he hurt it again about a month ago. So, he goes in for a consult next week and is planning on surgery again in a few weeks!!! Just hope Jared is not as clumsy as his cousin! :) BTW- beautiful crib!! Are you ready to pop yet??