Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Surprise trip to Kansas City

Before my sister came out to live in Kansas City with her hubby, Jared and I decided to surprise Tara with me coming out with Jared to his interview at KCUMB.
So she came to the airport to pick him up on Wednesday night and I followed right behind him. It was so exciting!
Me and Jerry after the big interview, he said it went really well!

Thursday we went to Zona Rosa which is a big outdoor mall and Tara tried to capture my pregnant self! She is a fabulous photographer.

Me at 28 weeks!

Friday we woke up and went to Liberty Jail and Independence.
Being in the area and seeing how small of a space these 5 men were in for 4 months in the dead of winter really makes you appreciate their sacrifices.





In front of the Community of Christ Temple in Independence. It was very interesting inside. They had a bunch of artifacts from Joseph and Emma Smith.


It was very cold and windy!


That night we all went to The Plaza in downtown Kansas City. This is a ritzy area of Missouri. Very nice stores!


Sister and I in front of one of the many fountains!


We ate at Jack Stacks BBQ- it was very delicious!


Sister and Seth enjoying their Ribs


This bull became a very funny inside joke!


Saturday morning listening to conference and playing Ticket to Ride..a new favorite game!


We spent Saturday afternoon at The Legends also a very nice shopping area in Kansas.

Tara always has her camera ready to take pictures!




Tara insists that this baby girl will know who her favorite auntie is!

We did lots of cooking/eating goodies. It's a good thing I'm prego so you can't see how much I really did eat!
We had a blast and don't want to come home!
Thanks guys for having us!

9 comments:

Davis Valley Classic said...

Looks like fun! We visited Liberty Jail when I was like 12 I think. I remember it being a really neat experience to see that. And that temple looks like a space station I remember thinking! Haha! You look so cute 28 weeks pregnant! You're almost there, so excited for you!

The Poulson's said...

Laur!!! Looks like you had so much fun!! And I love that tank top your wearing with the flowers!! SO CUTE!! Your belly is getting bigger and so cute!!! YAY!! Glad you had fun friend! Call me!

Jen said...

Lauren, you look so cute in all your pictures! How fun!!!!!

Liz Hymas said...

Fun! What is Tara doing in Kansas? You look so dang cute!

Tracy Whitt said...

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME! I love the baby pictures. It looks like you guys had such a great time! I know you miss Tar Bear!

Ash said...

We love Ticket to Ride! You look so cute!

Emily said...

You are so adorable - I love the prego belly! I bet it was so fun to hang out with your sister - I moved away from my sisters, then had Camille move to Texas so I'm dying to all be together again! I'm glad you guys had such a good trip!

Kelly Family said...

What a fun trip! You are looking so cute! Love the belly! Hang in there :)

dylan & lindsey said...

you are so freakin cute lauren!!