Sunday, June 24, 2012

First 2 weeks in a Hotel

When we first got to San Antonio the first thing to do was to find a place to live. We had look at several places online. We were working with 2 relators. We got in a Wednesday night and Thursday morning we were out looking at places. We had 5 houses set up to look that morning. The first house we pulled up to was the house I really wanted. There was a pool and playground right across the street. It would be perfect for the girls and I. It would be in the same ward as our friends the Berry's and Farnsworth's. We walked in and of course we both loved it. All of the space, 2 car garage, a back yard. Even though the yards in Texas are horrible, to us it was still a fenced-in back yard. I loved it! We went on to see the other houses and there weren't as nice as the first one. They all had something wrong with them. So we decided to just go with the first house. The only problem is that we couldn't move in until the 17 of July. That meant almost 6 weeks in a hotel. 
We thought it wouldn't be that bad, but there were times that I was done! 

Our first hotel was really nice. We stayed at a Residence Inn-Marriott. We had a little kitchen and we had a separate room so we weren't all sleeping in the same room. 



The first week we went swimming 2 times a day until the both the girls got ear infections. Hallee loved her ladybug floaty's. She just plays in the water by herself now. She loves swimming. 






The second week both girls got sick with ear infections. It was not a fun way to end Jared's vacation. We did get to go to SeaWorld which Hallee loved! After the two weeks we moved to the military hotel. It was definitely a couple steps down from what we had been staying in--but it worked.

1 comment:

Travis and Addie Ohrn said...

I just read all your posts & I loved every second of it! You are the best mom ever! I don't konw how you traveled across the country so smoothly with 2 little girls! Good job!