Monday, October 4, 2010

G&P Visit

My grandparents who are from California took a road trip across the country. We had the privilege of them stopping by our place. They arrived on a Saturday night and had dinner. We woke up Sunday and went to church. After church we drove past their old house that they lived in while my grandpa was stationed at Andrews Air Force Base. It's crazy with how many different places they have lived they still knew exactly where it was.
Well that night by grandpa had a really bad pain in the back of his leg, so bad he could barely walk. I just felt like we needed to go to the hospital just to get things checked out. I thought it was a blood clot. So we get to the hospital around 8:30. (It's a good thing the hospital is by Jared's school so I knew right where to go..) Finally at 2am they determined that he had 2 blood clots one superficial and one very deep. Not Good. So by 3 am they decided they want to keep him overnight. So it was a long night. So when 7am came around and Hallee was ready to play and I was beyond exhausted! Anyway Tuesday they finally released them. It was a bummer that they spent most of the time here in the hospital but also a blessing that they were here with us. My grama had a place to stay and he was getting the best care at the Naval Medical Hospital.
Hallee warmed right up to them..It took her a couple of hours but then she was fine.
Hanging out at the hospital..Jared's already making her do push-ups :)
They just adore Hallee! They think she is the cutest baby. I have to agree with them!!
They were suppose to leave our place and continue on down the coast into Florida, but they felt it was best to go back home. It took them about a week to get back home. I'm so glad they were able to come and see where we live and what our lives are like. It was so fun to have them here!
*We love visitors and there is SO much to do around here!!

1 comment:

Liz Hymas said...

Oh my goodness Lauren! That is so fun your grandparents came, but such a bummer your grandpa ended up in the hopital! I'm glad he is okay now. They are lucky to have you! Miss you!